TEACH YOUR DOG
LEFT AND RIGHT!
LEARN HOW TO TEACH YOUR DOG A VERBAL LEFT AND RIGHT JUMP CUE,
FROM THE GROUND UP!
Would you like your dog to take the jump you indicated and be able to leave early, even from a distance?
Can't get to where you want to be? Need to cue a turn as your dog is committing to a jump but not there to do it?
Teaching your dog a verbal left and right cue that you can use to tell your dog to turn left or right at a jump, regardless of your location or motion, is an invaluable skill! Whether your goal is better distance handling, better international skills, or just a fun behavior to teach your dog, this course will give you and your dog the skills of a verbal left and right jump cue!
Taught by Anna Hinze, many of the exercises can be done with young dogs or even puppies. As it takes some time to master the discrimination between left and right, it is one of the first things she teaches her puppy.
Scroll down to read more and see the course outline!
What is this course about?
The skills you will learn in this course will give you and your dog a solid understanding of a verbal left and right jump cue works, and how to use them on course. By the end of the class, you and your dog should have a better understanding of left and right on a verbal cue. You'll learn:
- How to teach your dog left and right on the flat
- How to increase your dog's obstacle focus and independence, as well as improving on your dog's tight turns
- How to proof left and right independent of your body motion or location
- How to teach your dog left and right on a jump
- How to proof left and right on a jump independent of your body motion or location
- When and where you might use your left and right cue on course
- How to avoid traps after jumps
- How to discriminate between Left and Right and other obstacles
What Dogs Can Take This Course?
Because Anna will be starting with foundation, you can start this course with young dogs or even puppies! It takes time to master the discrimination between left and right, so the earlier you start, the better! Your dog does not need to know how to jump to start this course!
However, all exercises that involve turning at high speed shouldn't be done before your dog is fully grown and his body is ready to cope with this type of activity.
What Will You Need?
- 2-3 Jumps (wings preferred)
- One Tunnel
- A 50x50' space or larger
What Will You Learn?
Take a look at the syllabus for this course!
Teaching Left and Right Course Outline
[wpcourse course=”12″ /]